A man is facing multiple charges after “a number” of gun shots were fired in a Springhill, N.S. apartment.
Cumberland County District RCMP responded to the call at around 1:15 p.m. Saturday on Junction Road and arrested a 54-year-old man.
“There was no one else in the residence and no injuries incurred in the incident. The apartment was damaged consistent with bullet holes,” RCMP noted in a news release.
William Kenneth Matthews has been charged with:
- Possession of a Firearm (two counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (two counts)
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm (two counts)
- Careless Use of a Firearm (three counts)
- Careless Storage of Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace (two counts)
He was held in custody and is scheduled to appear in Amherst Provincial Court on Monday morning.
The investigation is ongoing.